Water is a Human Right!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CURRENTLY ST. PETER'S WATER STATION IS THE ACTIVE STATION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. CALL THE HOTLINE NUMBER TO DETERMINE THE AVAILABILITY OF WATER.
Call our water hotline at 1-844-42WATER (429-2837), or pickup water from the locations listed below.
Our water crisis hotline is run by volunteers. The Volunteers can assist Detroiters with locating emergency water and making payment arrangements with the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department. We can also assist with finding and navigating the various water resources that are currently available.
This is currently a voicemail-based service. Please leave a message with your name and phone number, spoken slowly and clearly so we are able to call you back as soon as we can.
Water Drop Locations
Note: It is highly recommended that you call the Water Drop Stations before visiting any of the sites seeking water assistance, to confirm that they are open during the stated hours and water is on hand. All services are completely run by volunteers.
Dexter Elmhurst Center
11825 Dexter Ave.
Detroit, MI 48206
Monday thru Friday 10am - 2pm
St. Peters Episcopal Church
Detroit, MI 48216
Mathis Community Center
19300 Greenfield Rd.
Detroit, MI 48235
Monday thru Friday 12-3, Saturday 10-3
Trinity St. Mark
9315 Fort Street
Detroit, MI 48209
- Place you and others’ health at risk
- Can lead to the Michigan Department of Human Services taking your children and disabled loved ones
- Can put your home in jeopardy of being condemned, and your family evicted
- If water is privatized, water costs will double or triple
- 120,000 Detroit households (approximately 300,000 Detroiters) are in jeopardy of shut-offs